Why do you blog?
Blogging is the best way to share your unique ideas, knowledge, experiences with the world. Blogging provides you a platform to publish your passion your way. Choosing a topic that you are passionate about makes the process of starting a successful blog so much easier.
4 Simple steps to start a blog
Step 1. Choose your blogging platform
First thing you need to do is to choose a blogging platform. Before starting have a look at the statistics of blogging platform that the people are using to express their ideas.
• WordPress - 43%
• Blogger - 35%
• Tumblr - 16%
To start a blog with WordPress all you need to do is sign up for an account at WordPress.com and you can start blogging in a matter of minute.
• Price : It provides both free and premium services. For a free blog at WordPress all you need is to select a free plan.
• Hosting : It provides free hosting to your site.
• Domain : As it is free so you will get a free subdomain like example.wordpress.com
• Designs : There is a lot of designs and themes available to choose from.
• Plugins and extensions : Popular features like sharing, stats, comments and polls are included, but there is no option to install third party plugins.
Blogger is one of the oldest blogging platform out there. To start a blog on blogger all you need to do is sign up with your gmail account on blogger.com
• Price : It is free of cost
• Hosting : It provides hosting to your blog at no extra cost.
• Domain : You will get a subdomain like example.blogspot.com
• Designs : Very few designs and layouts are available to choose from.
• Plugins and extensions : No external plugins available . You can share your blog on your Google plus (g+) profile.
Tumblr is a microblogging platform . It allows users to post micro blogs, multimedia content like images, videos, animated GIFs and other content to a short form blog.
• Price : It is free of cost
• Hosting : Tumblr provides free hosting for your blog.
• Domain : You will get a subdomain like example.tumblr.com
• Designs : There's a lot of designs to choose from but very few of them are available for free.
• Plugins and extensions : No external plugins available.
Step 2. Choose a name for your blog
Giving a name to anything means providing recognition to it. So, try to choose a name that describes your blog as effectively as possible. To choose a blog name think of some best keywords that describes your blog ideas in the best possible way. Get around 10-15 best keywords then put them together and mix them up to get some really cool catchy (attractive) blog name ideas.
Tips on choosing a blog name
• Choose a short, punchy and unique blog name.
• Make sure that it is easy to remember so the visitors may not forget it.
• Make sure that blog name is catchy and easy to pronounce and should not be confusing.
Step 3. Customize your blog design and layout
Once you have choosen the blog building platform and given the name to your blog, you're well on your way! Now comes the final step to turn your blog vision into reality . You can find the design tool bar like layout, themes, setting, etc., on the left side of the home blog page. As you have built your blog on free platform there is not much design available to customize. So try each and every themes and choose the themes which best suits your blog site.
Step 4. Write your first blog post
Now that you have setup your blog, it's time to share your creative and unique ideas with the world.
Here are steps for writing blog post
• Adding a new post : Click on new post option to write a post.
• Post Title : Write the post title of your blog.
• Adding headers and editing text : Write headings, subheadings, edit text to give your blog an attractive view.
• Adding images : Add images to create a great look for your blog.